The CMS 50D Plus Pulse Oximeter is often named:
CMS50d, CMS 50d, CMS-50d
In stock and shipping now!
Read our article on pulse oximeters to learn more about oximeters and oximeter software.
The CMS 50D is FDA approved (FDA K Number is K082641) and has received CE marking.
The CMS 50D pulse oximeter is an accurate instrument for checking pulse rate and the saturation of peripheral oxygen (SpO2) in the blood. In healthy adults the resting heart rate is usually in the 50s, and the SpO2 is around 96%. The CMS 50D features an OLED color multi-direction display to show the pulse rate, oxygen saturation percentage, and the pulse waveform.
The CMS 50D pulse oximeter is a basic fingertip pulse oximeter that is perfect for CPAP users who want to monitor their pulse and oxygen saturation periodically during the night or day. While not as useful for sleep studies as higher-end models with recording capability, the CMS 50D is still an excellent and affordable tool for spot-checking two vital health indicators. The CMS 50D pulseox can be used for up to 30 hours continuously, which is equivalent to about 2500 spot checks before needing battery replacement.
The CMS 50D pulse oximeter features an easy-to-read color, multi-direction OLED (organic light emitting diode) screen with four levels of brightness. The display can be adjusted to be readable either horizontally or vertically. The display shows pulse rate, blood oxygen saturation, pulse waveform, pulse bar graph, and battery level indicator.
What's the key difference between the CMS-50D and the next model up?
The CMS-50D is one of the most advanced pulse oximeters available for under $60. The primary difference between the CMS-50D featured here and the 50D Plus model is that the 50D Plus pulseox has alarm function, built-in flash memory for recording up to 24 hours of user data, a USB port for connecting the 50D Plus to a computer, and software. The CMS-50D pulseox featured here does not have recording capability or alarm capability.
What's the key difference between the CMS50D and the next model down?
The CMS50D features a color, multi-direction OLED screen which shows the pulse waveform. The next model down is the 50DL which does not have a color OLED screen and which does not show the pulse waveform.
What else is the CMS 50D pulse oximeter good for?
The CMS 50D pulse oximeter is great for CPAP users, climbers, skiers, pilots, and for general home health care. It's a low-cost medical device designed to help you manage your health.
I've seen fingertip pulse oximeters that cost a lot more, but that don't have the features of the CMS 50D. What's the deal?
We've seen those same expensive oximeters! In fact we've seen fingertip oximeters from certain manufacturers that retail for nearly $400 that offer the functionality of our least expensive, most basic pulse oximeters that retail for around $40. The bottom line is that our pulse oximeters are packed with features and are among the most reliable pulse oximeters in the industry. They're backed by a 2-year warranty.
I've heard the term PulseOx or Pulse Ox before. Is a PulseOx or Pulse Ox the same as a pulse oximeter?
Yes, the terms PulseOx and Pulse Ox are abbreviations for pulse oximeter.
What's in the Box?
1 x CMS 50D Plus Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
1 x Lanyard
1 x Carrying Case
1 x User Manual
- Integrated with SPO2 probe and processing display module
- Can be used in: hospital, home, community medical treatment, sports healthcare, etc.
- Can measure SPO2 and PR accurately
- SPO2 and PR display, PR waveform and bargraph display
- Battery voltage indicator
- Friendly Operation Menu for The Function Setting
- 4 Direction Display
- Four levels adjustable brightness
- Low power consumption; shut off automatically when no signal
- Small volume(57(L) x 32(W) x 30(H) mm), light, convenient to carry
- 1.3" 65K Color OLED display, resolution 160*128
- SPO2: 35-99% Pulse Ratio 30 - 250BPM
- Resolution: 1% for SPO2, 1BPM for pulse ratio
- Accuracy: +/-2% (70-99%), unspecified (<70%) for SPO2, +/-2BPM or +/-2% (select larger) for pulse ratio
- Power: 2 x AAA alkaline batteries (not included)
- Can work more than 30 hours continuously
- Interference resistance capacity against ambient light and measurement performance at low perfusion