The included software works on all newer Windows systems - both 32-bit and 64-bit - including Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
We've got the lowest price online for the CMS50E given the 2-year warranty. Some companies try to trick you by offering an "extended warranty" for an additional $35 or some other amount, which makes their seemingly low price for a device without warranty higher than our price, all things being equal. The fact of the matter is that these oximeters come from the manufacturer with 2-year warranties. We don't offer them with anything less than a 2-year warranty. When comparison shopping, look closely and you'll see there's no better value anywhere.
The following are model name variations for the CMS 50E Pulse Oximeter:
CMS50e, CMS 50e, CMS-50e
The CMS 50E is FDA approved (FDA K Number is K090671) and has received CE marking.
In stock and shipping now.
Note on the 2-year warranty and software technical support: the warranty does not cover any problems you may encounter with the included software, including installation problems or usage problems. Because computer configurations differ greatly, sofware compatibility problems may exist on some computer systems. These types of issues are unrelated to the oximeter device and are therefore not covered by the warranty. Please contact the manufacturer directly if you encounter any software-related problems or if you need technical support related to using the software.
Read our article on pulse oximeters to learn more about oximeters and oximeter software.
Need to run the oximeter software on a Mac? Check out this video that shows you how to install Windows 7 on your Mac running OS X Snow Leopard.
The CMS 50E pulse oximeter includes everything you need to connect to your computer to see detailed oximetry reports. You can wear the pulse oximeter all night long with or without your CPAP machine to get detailed oximetry readings. The built-in flash memory will record up to 24 hours of data. Just plug your oximeter into your computer with the included USB cable and you'll be able to create a report with the included software.
The CMS 50E pulse oximeter is a full featured fingertip pulse oximeter that is perfect for CPAP users who want to monitor their pulse and oxygen saturation periodically during the night. This type of oximeter can help you as a CPAP user determine the effectiveness of your current CPAP pressure. With 24 hours of data storage, rechargable lithium battery, DC power adapter plug, software, USB cable, carrying case, and 24 month warranty, the 50E is a great way to take control of your CPAP therapy and your health.
The CMS 50E pulse oximeter features a color, multi-direction OLED (organic light emitting diode) screen with four levels of brightness. The easy-to-read 1.3" display can be adjusted to be readable either horizontally or vertically. The display shows pulse rate, blood oxygen saturation, pulse waveform, pulse bar graph, and battery level indicator. The 50E can sound an alarm in the following scenarios:
- when the pulse rate or oxygen saturation drops below a pre-set level
- when the oximeter unit isn't correctly positioned on the finger
- when the battery level is low
What's the key difference between the CMS-50E and the next model up?
The CMS-50E is the most advanced pulse oximeter available for under $120. The primary difference between the CMS-50E featured here and the 50H model is that the 50H model shows and records perfusion index or the intensity of your pulse. The CMS-50E featured here does not show or record your perfusion index.
What's the key difference between the CMS50E and the next model down?
The CMS50E features a rechargeable, long-life, lithium battery. The next model down is the 50D Plus which uses regular alkaline batteries instead of a rechargeable battery.
What else is the CMS 50E pulse oximeter good for?
Besides being an exceptional instrument for CPAP users, the CMS 50E pulse oximeter is useful in sleep studies, personal health spot-checking, diabetes management, athletics, exercise (e.g. treadmill, walking, resistance training), primary care treatment, and in situations where the alarm can alert you to hypoxia (e.g. in small, non-pressurized aircraft aviation above 10,000 feet).
I've seen fingertip pulse oximeters that cost a lot more, but that don't have the features of the CMS 50E. What's the deal?
We've seen those same expensive oximeters! In fact we've seen fingertip oximeters from certain manufacturers that retail for nearly $400 that offer the functionality of our least expensive, most basic pulse oximeters that retail for around $40. The bottom line is that our pulse oximeters are packed with features and are among the most reliable pulse oximeters in the industry. They're backed by a 2-year warranty.
I've heard the term PulseOx or Pulse Ox before. Is a PulseOx or Pulse Ox the same as a pulse oximeter?
Yes, the terms PulseOx and Pulse Ox are abbreviations for pulse oximeter.
What's in the Box?
1 x CMS 50E Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
1 x Lanyard
1 x DC Power Adapter Plug
1 x USB Cable
1 x PC Software Disc
1 x Rechargeable Lithium Battery for Super Long Life
1 x Metal Storage/Carrying Case
1 x User Manual
- Integrated SPO2 probe and processing display module
- Can be used in: hospital, home, community medical treatment, sports healthcare, climbing, skiing, aviation, etc.
- Can measure SpO2 (saturation of peripheral oxygen) and PR (pulse rate) accurately
- SPO2 and PR display, PR waveform and bargraph display
- Battery voltage indicator
- User-friendly interface
- 4 direction display - output can be displayed vertically either direction, or horizontally either direction
- Four brightness levels
- Pulse sound function
- Alarm function - can set upper and lower limits for audible warning when the limits are exceeded
- Up to 24 hours of data storage
- USB interface to computer
- Software for analyzing, storing and printing data
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Low power consumption - pulse oximeter shuts off automatically when not in use
- Small volume (57mm L x 32mm W x 30mm H), lightweight, convenient to carry
- 1.3" 65,000 color OLED (organic light-emitting diode) display, resolution 160x128
- Range: SPO2 35-99%, Pulse Ratio 30 - 250BPM
- Resolution: 1% for SPO2, 1BPM for pulse ratio
- Accuracy: +/-2% (70-99%), unspecified (<70%) for SPO2; +/-2BPM or +/-2% for pulse ratio
- Power: 1 rechargeable lithium battery
- Charge method : DC power cord, or powered PC USB port
- Can work more than 24 hours continuously
- Interference resistance capacity against ambient light and measurement performance at low perfusion