The included software works on all newer Windows systems - both 32-bit and 64-bit - including Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
Check out our in-depth look at the CMS50F.
The following are model name variations for the CMS 50F Fingertip Pulse Oximeter with Wrist Display:
CMS50f, CMS 50f, CMS-50f
The CMS 50F Fingertip Pulse Oximeter with wrist display is FDA approved (FDA K number K090671) and has received CE marking.
In stock and shipping now!
Note on the 2-year warranty and software technical support: the warranty does not cover any problems you may encounter with the included software, including installation problems or usage problems. Because computer configurations differ greatly, sofware compatibility problems may exist on some computer systems. These types of issues are unrelated to the oximeter device and are therefore not covered by the warranty. Please contact the manufacturer directly if you encounter any software-related problems or if you need technical support related to using the software.
Check out our in-depth look at the CMS50F.
Read our article on pulse oximeters to learn more about oximeters and oximeter software.
Need to run the oximeter software on a Mac? Check out this video that shows you how to install Windows 7 on your Mac running OS X Snow Leopard.
The CMS 50F pulse oximeter includes everything you need to connect to your computer to see detailed oximetry reports. You can wear the pulse oximeter all night long with or without your CPAP machine to get detailed oximetry readings. The built-in flash memory will record up to 24 hours of data. Just plug your oximeter into your computer with the included USB cable and you'll be able to create a report with the included software.
The CMS 50F wrist pulse oximeter is a full featured wrist-mounted fingertip pulse oximeter that is perfect for CPAP users who want to monitor their pulse and oxygen saturation periodically during the night. This type of oximeter can help you as a CPAP user determine the effectiveness of your current CPAP pressure. With 24 hours of data storage, rechargable lithium battery, DC power adapter plug, software, USB cable, carrying case, and 24 month warranty, the 50F is a great way to take control of your CPAP therapy and your health.
The CMS 50F wrist pulse oximeter features a color, multi-direction OLED (organic light emitting diode) screen with four levels of brightness. The easy-to-read 256k color OLED display can be adjusted to be readable either horizontally or vertically. The display shows pulse rate, blood oxygen saturation, pulse waveform, pulse bar graph, and battery level indicator. The 50F can sound an alarm in the following scenarios:
- when the pulse rate or oxygen saturation drops below a pre-set level
- when the oximeter unit isn't correctly positioned on the finger
- when the battery level is low
What's the key difference between the CMS-50F and the next model up?
The CMS-50F is the most advanced wrist pulse oximeter available for under $170. There is no next model up in terms of functionality. It's similar to the 50E and 50H models, but the display is worn on the wrist. The fingertip probe connects to the wrist display via a short cord that easily plugs into the wrist display.
What's the key difference between the CMS50F and the next model down?
The CMS50F features a rechargeable, long-life, lithium battery just like the CMS50H. The CMS50F, though, features a comfortable wrist-mounted display that's worn like a wrist watch. The next model down in terms of price is the 50H which is functionally equivalent to the 50F wrist pulse oximeter.
What else is the CMS 50F pulse oximeter good for?
Besides being an exceptional instrument for CPAP users, the CMS 50F wrist pulse oximeter is useful in sleep studies, personal health spot-checking, diabetes management, athletics, primary care treatment, and in situations where the alarm can alert you to hypoxia (e.g. in small, non-pressurized aircraft aviation above 10,000 feet).
I've seen fingertip pulse oximeters that cost a lot more, but that don't have the features of the CMS 50F. What's the deal?
We've seen those same expensive oximeters! In fact we've seen fingertip oximeters from certain manufacturers that retail for nearly $400 that offer the functionality of our least expensive, most basic pulse oximeters that retail for around $40. The bottom line is that our pulse oximeters are packed with features and are among the most reliable pulse oximeters in the industry. They're backed by a 2-year warranty.
I've heard the term PulseOx or Pulse Ox before. Is a PulseOx or Pulse Ox the same as a pulse oximeter?
Yes, the terms PulseOx and Pulse Ox are abbreviations for pulse oximeter.
What's in the Box?
1 x CMS 50F Fingertip Pulse Oximeter with Wrist Display
1 x Lanyard
1 x DC Power Adapter Plug
1 x USB Cable
1 x PC Software Disc
1 x Rechargeable Lithium Battery for Super Long Life
1 x Carrying Case
1 x User Manual
- Comfortable wrist-mounted display is an excellent choice for extended use
- Can be used in: hospital, home, community medical treatment, sports healthcare, climbing, skiing, aviation, etc.
- Can measure SpO2 (saturation of peripheral oxygen) and PR (pulse rate) accurately
- Shows and records perfusion index (i.e. the intensity of your pulse)
- SPO2 and PR display, PR waveform and bargraph display
- Battery voltage indicator
- User-friendly interface
- 4 direction display - output can be displayed vertically either direction, or horizontally either direction
- Four brightness levels
- Pulse sound function
- Alarm function - can set upper and lower limits for audible warning when the limits are exceeded
- Up to 24 hours of data storage
- USB interface to computer
- Software for analyzing, storing and printing data
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Low power consumption - pulse oximeter shuts off automatically when not in use
- Small volume (57mm L x 32mm W x 30mm H), lightweight, convenient to carry
- 256,000 color OLED (organic light-emitting diode) display
- Range: SPO2 35-99%, Pulse Ratio 30 - 250BPM
- Resolution: 1% for SPO2, 1BPM for pulse ratio
- Accuracy: +/-2% (70-99%), unspecified (<70%) for SPO2; +/-2BPM or +/-2% for pulse ratio
- Power: 1 rechargeable lithium battery
- Charge method : DC power cord, or powered PC USB port
- Can work more than 24 hours continuously
- Interference resistance capacity against ambient light and measurement performance at low perfusion