The S8 Escape II with Easy-Breathe technology from ResMed was launched on June 3, 2008.
S8 Escape II is the entry-level CPAP device in ResMed's S8 Series II, featuring the following new benefits:
- New whisper quiet operation is 60% quieter than before
- New Easy-Breathe technology - ResMed's revolutionary new therapy system
- New and improved EPR with Easy-Breathe technology for enhanced patient breathing comfort
- Usage-based compliance download for accurate patient monitoring
- Data card - a standard featured included for easy two-way data transfer
Setting a new industry standard in quiet therapy and comfort, ResMed's new sophisticated motor design delivers superior performance at a lower effort while cutting device noise significantly. By reducing noise, Easy-Breathe technology enables patients and their bed partners to sleep peacefully through the night.
Easy-Breathe technology combines new software, a quiter motor, and improved EPR for maximum comfort and a quiet night's sleep.
Pressure relief for more natural breathing
Featuring ResMed's improved EPR with Easy-Breathe technology, the S8 EscapeII offers pressure relief delivered in a smooth waveform that mimics patient breathing. With a choice of three different EPR comfort levels, the S8 Escape II with Easy-Breathe allows customized comfort for breathing that feels natural.
Why choose EPR with Easy-Breathe technology?
Not all CPAP devices with pressure relief are the same. ResMed's EPR with Easy-Breathe technology is supported by clinical studies, proving it as clinically effective as tradtitional fixed CPAP, but significantly more comfortable. EPR is preferred over traditional CPAP by 79% of patients.