Would you like to know your CPAP machine and other CPAP supplies are as clean as they can be? Would you like a way to effectively sanitize CPAP equipment? Then you should use the Tornado CPAP ozone disinfector. 30 minutes of disinfecting with the Tornado and your CPAP equipment will be clean and fresh again. The Tornado is a simple, cost-effective way to sanitize your CPAP machine.
The battery-powered Tornado disinfects with ozone and plasma gases which are effective oxidants and which make cleaning all CPAP supplies - including CPAP masks, machines, tubes and humidifiers - extremely easy. Note that oxidation can cause silicone mask cushions to age prematurely, so we don't recommend using the Tornado on mask cushions regularly. Instead, you can use soap and water to clean a mask cushion regularly, and use the Tornado after you've used your mask for a few months, and if you become concerned that normal washing may not be sufficient for sanitizing your CPAP mask.
The small, lightweight device can be used in any type of plastic bag or box. Just place the CPAP equipment inside the bag or box along with the Tornado, and you'll have your very own disinfecting chamber. We recommend using an inexpensive plastic storage box with a locking lid (or at least a tight lid, if it's not a locking lid). The Tornado should be used in a well-ventilated area, and should only be used in accordance with the instructions included with the device. CPAP equipment should be allowed to sit unused (with the CPAP machine turned on and blowing air) for at least a few minutes after disinfection. After a few minutes with the CPAP machine turned on, you can turn the CPAP machine off. Then allow about an hour before using the CPAP equipment.
The Tornadao is one of the most convenient and cost-effective CPAP disinfectant devices we've seen. It's super simple to operate and is the only method of sanitizing a CPAP machine with which we're familiar.
The Tornado is small and lightweight, and includes three AA batteries, a roll of white tape, and an owner's manual.
Dimensions of the Tornado CPAP Ozone Disinfector are approximately 6.3 inches by 3 inches by 2 inches, and weight is approximately 1.3 pounds.
Interesting facts about ozone disinfection
- Disinfecting with ozone is a technique sometimes used in cleaning homes and contents of homes after a fire.
- Ozone air purifiers are used by some homeowners to purify and decontaminate the air they breathe.
- Some swimming pool owners use ozone water purification as part of their filtration system.
- Ozone kills bacteria and cleans through a process called oxidation.
- Ozone consists of 3 oxygen atoms. It's chemical formula is O3.
The Tornado is very easy to use. After reading the short instruction manual, here's how to get started:
1. Insert 3 AA batteries (included) into the back of the unit. Rechargeable NiMH batteries work just fine, as do regular alkaline batteries.
2. Press the power button to turn on the device.
3. Set the time by pressing the plus (+) or minus (-) buttons. The chosen time will be displayed on the LED screen.
4. Connect the Tornado to your CPAP machine using a standard CPAP tube. A short humidifier tube works well, too. The Tornado comes with tape which you can use to secure the CPAP tube to the Tornado device. Without tape, the connection is loose.
5. Place the Tornado device and connected CPAP machine in a plastic box with a tight and/or locking lid. Place the box in a well-ventilated area.
6. Sterilize CPAP. Press the start button on the Tornado device. Keep your CPAP machine turned off. Close the lid on the plastic box.
7. After the sanitation process is complete, remove the Tornado and CPAP machine from your plastic box, and disconnect the Tornado.
8. Turn on the CPAP machine and let it blow air for a few minutes.
9. Turn off the CPAP machine and allow it to sit unused for approximately 1 hour before using for CPAP therapy.