Our first impression of the new S9 AutoSet is very good. Here's our initial list of notes:
- The color LCD sreen and dial button really do improve overall usability compared with previous models and models from other manufacturers.
- Three menus - Home, Info and Setup - and intuitive icons in each menu make the user manual almost unnecessary. We still recommend you read it, though!
- Air outlet port is on side of CPAP machine. When humidifier is attached the air outlet port is on the back.
- The mask fit feature is very straightforward: green smiley face for a good fit, red frowny face for a bad fit
- Humidifier is detected automatically when attached
- Very cool looking. This is currently the coolest piece of home medical equipment we've seen. Looks like it should have a Blu-Ray player built-in. :)
- SD card comes installed in machine. The SD card protective folder with instructions has an empty plastic SD card holder attached to it. So don't worry. The SD card is not missing. Just look for it in the back of the machine.
- The travel bag looks good, and is well-designed with separate compartments for machine, humidifier, power cord and accessories. Nylon material seems a bit thin and lightweight, but overall we like the bag.
- Power cord transformer is BIG. Lighweight CPAP machine, but relatively heavy power cord. Cord system alone weighs 1 lb 7 oz. It's a two-piece cord, very similar to a laptop cord.
- Proprietary power cord connection is on the back of the machine. You'll never confuse your S9 power cord with anything else. Weird connection. Might be standard in Australia or elsewhere, but certainly not here. The fit of the cord is good - not too tight or difficult, and not too loose.
- Humidifier tank is easy to remove and install
- Orange light inside humidifier chamber. We suppose this is used to see your water level in the dark.
- Remarkably similar in overall design to Philips Respironics System One devices. Industrial espionage? Coincidence? Who knows?
- Humidifier cooling process is identified on-screen when CPAP machine is shut off (so you know why the CPAP machine keeps blowing).
- 365 nights of compliance and therapy summary and statistic data stored on S9 CPAP machine and SD card.
- 30 nights of detailed data, and 7 nights of high resolution flow data stored on SD card.
- SlimLine tube is 6' in length
- 90W power supply, with 70W typical power consumption. Input range 100-240V.
- Operating range of 4 to 20 cm H2O.
- Fiber filter is rated at 88% efficiency at 7 micron
6.0" L x 5.5" W x 3.4" H
The S9 Elite features user-friendly technology to enhance your breathing comfort and reduce system noise. Designed for a more natural breathing experience, the S9 Elites enhanced Easy-Breathe technology delivers whisper-quiet therapy from the device and the mask. This means a more restful night for both you and your partner.
With its sleek contours and compact size, the S9 Elite looks as natural at your bedside as a clock radio.
ResMed S9 Features
S9s enhanced Easy-Breathe motor virtually eliminates noise, creating an exceptionally quiet and peaceful environment for you and your bed partner.
Sophisticated technology combines with novel user-friendly controls in a stylish new design that departs dramatically from its predecessors.
S9s Climate Control system intelligently adapts to your environmental conditions to provide optimal humidity and prevent rainout.
Exclusive to ResMed, the SlimLine small diameter air tubes are the lightest tubes available and eliminate tube drag.
Enhanced AutoSet Algorithm
The S9s Enhanced AutoSet algorithm now differentiates between obstructive and central sleep apneas and responds appropriately. You can enjoy peace of mind because you'll know youre always receiving optimal therapy at the lowest necessary pressure.
The S9 Series offers an array of compliance management solutions that assist in delivering high quality patient care. Patients and clinicians alike can easily monitor therapy, ensuring that any problems are detected and addressed quickly.