The included software works on all newer Windows systems - both 32-bit and 64-bit - including Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
The following are model name variations for the CMS 50H Pulse Oximeter:
CMS50h, CMS 50h, CMS-50h
This item is no longer available.
Note on the 2-year warranty and software technical support: the warranty does not cover any problems you may encounter with the included software, including installation problems or usage problems. Because computer configurations differ greatly, sofware compatibility problems may exist on some computer systems. These types of issues are unrelated to the oximeter device and are therefore not covered by the warranty. Please contact the manufacturer directly if you encounter any software-related problems or if you need technical support related to using the software.
Read our article on pulse oximeters to learn more about oximeters and oximeter software.
Need to run the oximeter software on a Mac? Check out this video that shows you how to install Windows 7 on your Mac running OS X Snow Leopard.
The CMS 50H pulse oximeter includes everything you need to connect to your computer to see detailed oximetry reports. You can wear the pulse oximeter all night long with or without your CPAP machine to get detailed oximetry readings. The built-in flash memory will record up to 24 hours of data. Just plug your oximeter into your computer with the included USB cable and you'll be able to create a report with the included software.
The CMS 50H pulse oximeter is a full featured fingertip pulse oximeter that is perfect for CPAP users who want to monitor their pulse and oxygen saturation periodically during the night. This type of oximeter can help you as a CPAP user determine the effectiveness of your current CPAP pressure. With 24 hours of data storage, rechargable lithium battery, DC power adapter plug, software, USB cable, carrying case, and 24 month warranty, the 50H is a great way to take control of your CPAP therapy and your health.
The CMS 50H pulse oximeter features a color, auto-adjusting, multi-direction OLED (organic light emitting diode) screen with four levels of brightness. The easy-to-read 1.3" display adjusts automatically to be readable either horizontally or vertically. The display shows pulse rate, blood oxygen saturation, perfusion index, pulse waveform, pulse bar graph, and battery level indicator. The 50H can sound an alarm in the following scenarios:
- when the pulse rate or oxygen saturation drops below a pre-set level
- when the oximeter unit isn't correctly positioned on the finger
- when the battery level is low
What's the key difference between the CMS-50H and the next model up?
The CMS-50H is the most advanced pulse oximeter available for under $140. There is no next model up in terms of functionality. The 50H model is a top-of-the-line fingertip pulse oximeter. However, we do sell the CMS-50F which has a wrist mounted display. the CMS-50F has a fingertip probe that is connected to a display screen that is worn on the wrist, much like a wrist watch. The CMS-50F model is very well suited to overnight studies because the wrist-watch-like display tends to keep the fingertip probe in place. With that said, fingertip pulse oximeters like the 50H, 50E, and 50D Plus are excellent sleep study pulse oximeters under most conditions.
What's the key difference between the CMS50H and the next model down?
The CMS50H features a rechargeable, long-life, lithium battery just like the CMS50E. The CMS50H, though, shows and records your perfusion index which is the intensity of your pulse. The next model down is the 50E which does everything the 50H does except for showing the perfusion index. Perfusion index is generally used to determine a suitable sensor application site. The higher the PI number, the better the application site.
What else is the CMS 50H pulse oximeter good for?
Besides being an exceptional instrument for CPAP users, the CMS 50H pulse oximeter is useful in sleep studies, personal health spot-checking, diabetes management, athletics, primary care treatment, and in situations where the alarm can alert you to hypoxia (e.g. in small, non-pressurized aircraft aviation above 10,000 feet).
I've seen fingertip pulse oximeters that cost a lot more, but that don't have the features of the CMS 50H. What's the deal?
We've seen those same expensive oximeters! In fact we've seen fingertip oximeters from certain manufacturers that retail for nearly $400 that offer the functionality of our least expensive, most basic pulse oximeters that retail for around $40. The bottom line is that our pulse oximeters are packed with features and are among the most reliable pulse oximeters in the industry. They're backed by a 2-year warranty.
I've heard the term PulseOx or Pulse Ox before. Is a PulseOx or Pulse Ox the same as a pulse oximeter?
Yes, the terms PulseOx and Pulse Ox are abbreviations for pulse oximeter.
|What's in the Box?|
|1 x CMS 50H Fingertip Pulse Oximeter|
1 x Lanyard
1 x DC Power Adapter Plug
1 x USB Cable
1 x PC Software Disc
1 x Rechargeable Lithium Battery for Super Long Life
1 x Carrying Case
1 x User Manual
- Integrated SPO2 probe and processing display module
- Can be used in: hospital, home, community medical treatment, sports healthcare, climbing, skiing, aviation, etc.
- Can measure SpO2 (saturation of peripheral oxygen) and PR (pulse rate) accurately
- Shows and records perfusion index (i.e. the intensity of your pulse) which can be used to ensure a good application site is being used for the sensor
- SPO2 and PR display, PR waveform and bargraph display
- Battery voltage indicator
- User-friendly interface
- 4 direction display - output can be displayed vertically either direction, or horizontally either direction
- Four brightness levels
- Pulse sound function
- Alarm function - can set upper and lower limits for audible warning when the limits are exceeded
- Up to 24 hours of data storage
- USB interface to computer
- Software for analyzing, storing and printing data
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Low power consumption - pulse oximeter shuts off automatically when not in use
- Small volume (57mm L x 32mm W x 30mm H), lightweight, convenient to carry
- 1.3" 65,000 color OLED (organic light-emitting diode) display, resolution 160x128
- Range: SPO2 35-99%, Pulse Ratio 30 - 250BPM
- Resolution: 1% for SPO2, 1BPM for pulse ratio
- Accuracy: +/-2% (70-99%), unspecified (<70%) for SPO2; +/-2BPM or +/-2% for pulse ratio
- Power: 1 rechargeable lithium battery
- Charge method : DC power cord, or powered PC USB port
- Can work more than 24 hours continuously
- Interference resistance capacity against ambient light and measurement performance at low perfusion