The DC Battery Adapter Cable, when connected to either the DC Interface Module or the DC 12V Cord, enables Respironics CPAP and Bi-level machines to be operated from a 12 VDC deep cycle marine-type battery. Caution: DO NOT connect the cable to a battery that is installed in a vehicle or has any additional equipment connected to it.
Respironics recommends a fully charged 100 A-hour 12 VDC deep cycle marine-type battery to operate your Respironics machine. Us of a battery rated less than 100 A-hours may reduce the length of operation.
- The black clamp must always be connected to the negative post, and the red clamp must always be connected to the positive post of the battery.
- Do not allow the clamps to come in contact with each other.
- Do not allow both clamps to come into contact with the same battery post.
- Do not allow loose fitting metal jewelry to touch the battery posts while you are connecting the cable.
- Always disconnect the cables from the battery and the unit before moving the equipment.
- Not for use in a mobile environment.
Step 1: Connect the battery adapter cable clamps to a free-standing 12 VDC battery. Attach the red clamp to the positive post, and attach the black clamp to the negative post.
Step 2: Connect the adapter end of the cable to a 12V plug of either the DC Interface Module or the 12V DC Cord.
The Respironics DC Battery Adapter Cable is designed for use with Respironics products only. this cable is not recommended or warranted for any other applications. Replace any damaged or frayed cables immediately.
The fuse holder contains a 15 amp automotive type fuse. Replacement fuses can be purchased at any automotive parts store. To maintain over-current protection, replace the fuse with the same type and rating.