Nasal Aire II Reusable CPAP Interface is an accessory to positive pressure ventilation devices for patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea requiring positive pressure breathing therapy (i.e. CPAP, BiLevel, etc.). Nasal Aire II is designed for patient comfort and to facilitate patient compliance, so that the maximum benefit of the prescribed therapy may be derived.
Nasal Aire II consists of a soft nosepiece with exhaust ports and two soft silicone nasal cannulas for fitting into the nasal openings. Connected on each side of the nosepiece is a length of tubing. The two lengths of tubing are joined at the opposite ends by a "Y"-shaped coupling, forming a loop with the nosepiece at one end and the "Y" coupling at the other. At the base of the "Y" coupling is a rigid port for connection of the Nasal Aire II to a positive pressure ventilation device.
Preparation for Use
Directions for Use
- Remove Nasal Aire II from package
- Wash and rinse assembly according to the Cleaning Instructions before use
- Complete circuit assembly before use
- With cannula facing nose, place tubing over and around ear with "Y" connector resting on chest.
- Grasp nosepiece with thumbs and fingers under each nasal insert and position near nostrils.
- Using thumbs, press inserts into nostrils until base of Nasal Aire II nosepiece is flush against the nose.
- Turn ventilation device on.
- Attach "Y"-adapter to CPAP tubing.
- Once airflow starts, adjust Nasal Aire II to fit for comfort and seal; periodic adjustments may be necessary.
A neckstrap attachment is standard with all Nasal Aire II assemblies.
To Attach Neckstrap and Optional Headgear
- Loop one end of the hook and loop fastener tab around Nasal Aire II tubing on one side.
- Wrap strap around back of head.
- Loop other end of hook and loop fastener tab around tubing on opposite side and adjust for comfortable fit.
- The Nasal Aire II comes with an optional headgear. To use the optional headgear, slide the Figure 8 loop onto one end of the headgear. Place headgear on head, secure all the hook and loop fasteners, and position for comfort. Slide the figure 8 loop on the headgear towards the back of the head.
- Disconnect the nasal section form the Nasal Aire II. With the "Y" swivel coupling on or near chest, place one tube around and behind the ear, slide it through the tubing holder ring that is on the headgear, and pull tubing toward the nose. Repeat for other tubing. Reattach nasal section to tubing.
- Disconnect neckstrap from tubing. Insert neckstrap through the bottom loop section of the figure 8 loop. Reattach neckstrap as instructed in steps 1 through 3.
- Adjust location of tubing holderrings on headgear as needed for comfort.
- The Nasal Aire II may now be taken off and put back on the head repeatedly without removing the nasal section, headgear, or neckstrap.
- Remove hook and loop fastener bolo component from package.
- Secure bolo around tubing on chest.
- Adjust bolo position until comfortable.
- Disconnect nasal cannula from tubing.
- Clean all components with mild soap and warm water. Soaking for extended periods of time is not recommended.
- Shake excess water from interior surfaces of components.
- A cotton swab may be used to clean openings of tubing, nosepiece and nasal inserts.
- Set aside to air dry.
- Reassemble before use.
Testing has shown that the Nasal Aire II may be cleaned at least ninety (90) times. Nasal Aire II should be cleaned after each use. Discard when signs of waer are evident. Signs of wear include rips, tears, holes to the cannula or tubing, or visible cracking of any component. Discoloration is normal after several washings, and should not be considered a sign of wear. Contact EasyCPAP.com